- September : courses run from September – January and internships take place between February and July
- February : courses run from February – June and internships take place between July and January
- September session : between December and mid-June --> 2018 - September intake FULL !
- February session : between June and mid-November
- January 2019 session : The course will run from mid-January through March. Internships will take place between April and June.
- September 2018 session : The course will run from mid-September through November. Internships will take place between December and March.
- September 2018 session (Cuisine or Pastry) : 23,000 Euros
- February 2019 session (Cuisine or Pastry) : 23,000 Euros
- September 2018 and January 2019 session (Bread Baking) : 12,000 Euros
- 50% - by the first day of class
- 50% - six weeks into the course
Publication date - 24/05/2017
To be considered for admission to the Intensive Professional Programs, you must :
- Be at least 18 years old
- Hold a high school level diploma
- Speak English fluently
We do not require knowledge of the French language or previous culinary experience, However, the ability to communicate in French is obviously helpful for settling in Paris and will be a criteria for the internship.
We encourage candidates with previous culinary, pastry or bread-baking training and/or experience to contact us to make sure that the Intensive Professional Program is a good choice for him/her as the training is designed for beginners in the field.
The Intensive Professional Program requires good physical strength - The culinary environment both at school and during the internship involves long hours, standing working up, carrying heavy loads in a sometimes stressful environment.
We welcome visits from potential candidates interested in our school. We encourage candidates interested in visiting to make an appointment by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Please note that we are closed on weekends.
Intensive Professional Program in French Cuisine / Intensive Professional Program in French Pastry
Two intakes per year :
Applications are taken on a rolling basis. Application review takes place :
We gladly accept applications outside of the review periods, however admissions decisions will only take place during application review periods.
Intensive Professional Program in French Bread Baking
Application review takes place between June and December.
Application review takes place between December and mid-July.
Tuition includes tools, uniforms, lunch at school (from Monday to Friday), excursions and materials related to the course.
Living expenses are not included in tuition. We recommend a budget of approximately 1 500 Euros per month to cover accommodation, transportation, meals, personal expenses, etc...
A deposit of 7000 Euros for Pastry and Cuisine or 4000 Euros for Bread Baking is required to reserve a space on the program once a candidate has been admitted. The deadline for the payment is stated in the admission packet.
The balance of tuition is due as follows:
Scholarships and financial aid are not available through FERRANDI-Paris.
FERRANDI-Paris has no on-campus housing, however the school offers advice on finding suitable accommodations. A list of housing possibilities and contacts is available to all candidates once they have confirmed their enrollment.
Non-EU citizens are required to apply for a student visa (VLS-TS). Upon admission to the program, we will provide you with the enrollment documents that you will need as part of your visa application.
Visa requirements, application procedures and processing times vary from one country to another. You should contact the CampusFrance office or French consulate nearest you to find out how to apply for your visa, what documents you will need to provide and how far ahead of time you should file the application.
FERRANDI has a strong network of businesses who regularly take our interns. These include prestigious and reputable hotels, restaurants, bakeries, pastry shops and caterers.
Students will be placed in an internship by their chef-instructors. The process for internship assignments will be explained during orientation.
Interns are entitled to a stipend of approximately 500 Euros per month. Other benefits may be provided at the discretion of the company.