Introduction to the Fundamentals of Bread Baking
The “Introduction to the Fundamentals” programs are designed specifically for food enthusiasts, aspiring entrepreneurs or professionals seeking to discover the fundamentals of French Gastronomy. Through these highly immersive and practical programs, participants will acquire the fundamentals of professional techniques, understand the working environment of a professional kitchen and master the most iconic recipes of French Gastronomy.
These programs are taught directly in English with a maximum of 10 participants allowing for one-on-one instruction and support.
Type of diploma
- Acquire knowledge and skills in traditional bread-baking
- Carry out and manage production of French bread, speciality breads and viennoiseries
All teaching in this program will be in English (guest chefs may speak in French with simultaneous translation). Course materials will be in English. Although knowledge of the French language is not a requirement to be admitted to the program, it is important for the internship and more generally for daily life in Paris.
- Understanding of the raw materials and professional equipment used in bread-baking
- Introduction to professional techniques, handling and working with bread dough:
- Different types of pointage
- Dividing, rounding and shaping
- Baking (conduction and convection)
- Running a work station following health and safety rules
- Storage and sale of products
- Classes run from Monday through Friday
- A general week includes 35 hours
- Demonstrations of professional skills
- Hands-on practice: students make all products themselves
- Applied technology training
3,000 Euros (Tax included)