Introduction to the Fundamentals of French wine
This “Introduction to the fundamentals of French wine” program has been created for wine and food lovers, students or aspiring entrepreuneurs wishing to discover the world of french wine. We offer a two-weeks immersion on the FERRANDI Paris Campus in Dijon, in the heart of the city of wine and gastronomy. Prestigious oeno tour in Burgundy and Champagne, Masterclasses and tastings will be led by experts throughout your stay. Through this immersive program participants will acquire the fundamental of wine knowledge, oenology and wine tasting.
Type of diploma
- Describe the world of French wine through the discovery of the major wine regions
- Taste and compare archetypals wines of French most important producing
- Acquire the basic professional techniques of French cuisine
- Identify food and wine pairings through the dialogue between food and wine
These programs are taught directly in English with a maximum of 10 participants allowing for one-on-one instruction and support.
All teaching in this program will be in English (guest chefs may speak in French with simultaneous translation). Course materials will be in English. Although knowledge of the French language is not a requirement to be admitted to the program, it is important for the internship and more generally for daily life in Paris.
- CULTURE What crafted french wine culture? History of Wine in litterature
- WINE KNOWLEDGE & TASTING The systemic approach to wine tasting "Tour de France" of wine regions from north to south”
- VITICULTURE & OENOLOGY Understand the science behind wine making The Impact of global warming on vineyards
- FOOD AND WINE MATCHING
- MASTERCLASS France's most iconic wines
- OENO TRIPS IN BURGUNDY & CHAMPAGNE City of Beaune, Clos Vougeot and Feuillate
- Classes run from Monday through Friday
- A general week includes 35 hours
- Demonstrations of professional skill
- Hands-on practice: students make all products themselves
- Applied technology training
3,500 Euros (Tax included)