Intensive Professional Program in French Pastry
- A reference since the past 10 years for individuals seeking professional excellence
- A ready-to-use skillset
- A hands-on teaching philosophy
- Small groups for personalized teaching
- Going further with special features included in each program
- A further step into the professional world : Programs are followed by an internship
Type of diploma
What do students think about this program?
Emilia Rivera Mejía
All teaching in this program will be in English (guest chefs may speak in French with simultaneous translation). Course materials will be in English. Although knowledge of the French language is not a requirement to be admitted to the program, it is important for the internship and more generally for daily life in Paris.
The pastry program includes 560 teaching hours, over 70% spent in the kitchen
- Pastry Techniques
Tart crusts, puff pastry, pâte à choux, biscuits for entremets, creams, icings and glazes
Traditional and contemporary tarts, cakes / entremets, individual pastries, petit-fours, gateaux de voyage, chocolate molding, chocolate bonbons, French confectioneries, ice creams, frozen desserts…
- Dessert and Beverage Pairing
An introductory course to wines and other beverages that can be served with desserts.
- Guest Chef demonstrations
Well-known guest chefs will be invited to give demonstrations of their own recipes. These Chefs will use advanced techniques to produce modern and trendy pastries.
- Applied Art
An overview of drawing and painting skills applied to pastry.
- Creativity project
Participants will receive 15 hours of practical art classes working towards a creativity project in which they will design and produce their very own pastry. As a final exam, participants will present their creation to a panel of judges.
- Professional French
Beginner to advanced beginner levels: basic grammar, vocabulary related to gastronomy (equipment, techniques, action verbs …)
- Gastronomy-related conferences and visits
Artisans, culinary demonstrations, guest chefs, special dinners, conferences on specific themes.
- Study Trip
At the end of the program, students will take a three-day trip to a French region or city to discover its history, culture and gastronomy.
The optional internship is a unique experience to observe and to gain a better understanding of the workings of a professional kitchen.
The optional internship lasts 3 months and is renewable under certain conditions. Students who meet the requirements to intern will be placed by their chef-instructor in prestigious restaurants or hotels in France.
Internships in the student’s home country are authorized with permission.
Our programs are professional immersions in the culinary world, directly inspired from the unique terroir of one of the most famous wine cradle in the world.
The programs are designed with professionals in French Pastry and Oenologie, and thought through a wine and cuisine creativity project, to understand and acquire the know-how and the knowledge of an art shortly linked to the French terroir.
The programs will feature two special elements :
- Wine class in Partnership with the Iconic Ecole des Vins de Bourgogne : a tailor made program for Ferrandi Paris - Campus of Dijon, including field trips, immersive sessions, tasting, pairing...In the most famous wine region of the world
- Study Trip : At the end of the program, students will take a three-day trip around Dijon to discover its vineyards, history, culture and gastronomy.
FERRANDI prides itself in the quality of its facilities, instructors and professional network. Our students and graduates are sought after by Michelin-starred restaurants, luxury hotels and renowned chefs for their professionalism and their ability to integrate into a kitchen quickly and efficiently.
Graduates of the FERRANDI 'Intensive Professional Program in French Pastry' move on to careers in prestigious restaurants in France and abroad or start their own businesses in their home countries.
- 23,000 Euros (Tuition includes uniforms, toolkit, course materials and excursions.)