- 4 months of training, 2 to 3 months of internship
- A reference since the past 10 years for individuals seeking professional excellence
- A strong alumni network
- A ready-to-use skillset
- A hands-on teaching philosophy
- Small groups for personalized teaching
- Going further with special features included in each program
- A further step into the professional world : Programs are followed by an internship
- August 31st, 2021 – December 17th, 2021 + internship period
- February 2nd, 2022 – June 3rd, 2022 + internship period
- Classes run from Monday through Friday.
- A general week includes 35 hours.
- Pastry Techniques
Tart crusts, puff pastry, pâte à choux, biscuits for entremets, creams, icings and glazes
Traditional and contemporary tarts, cakes / entremets, individual pastries, petit-fours, gateaux de voyage, chocolate molding, chocolate bonbons, French confectioneries, ice creams, frozen desserts…
- Dessert and Beverage Pairing
An introductory course to wines and other beverages that can be served with desserts.
- Guest Chef demonstrations
Well-known guest chefs will be invited to give demonstrations of their own recipes. These Chefs will use advanced techniques to produce modern and trendy pastries.
- Applied Art
An overview of drawing and painting skills applied to pastry.
- Creativity project
Participants will receive 15 hours of practical art classes working towards a creativity project in which they will design and produce their very own pastry. As a final exam, participants will present their creation to a panel of judges.
- Professional French
Beginner to advanced beginner levels: basic grammar, vocabulary related to gastronomy (equipment, techniques, action verbs …)
- Gastronomy-related conferences and visits
Artisans, culinary demonstrations, guest chefs, special dinners, conferences on specific themes
- Study Trip
At the end of the program, students will take a three-day trip to a French region or city to discover its history, culture and gastronomy
- Wine class in Partnership with the Iconic Ecole des Vins de Bourgogne : a tailor made program for Ferrandi Paris - Campus of Dijon, including field trips, immersive sessions, tasting, pairing...In the most famous wine region of the world
- Study Trip : At the end of the program, students will take a three-day trip around Dijon to discover its vineyards, history, culture and gastronomy.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Hold a high-school level diploma
- Speak English fluently
- February 2022 session: February 2nd, 2022 – June 3rd, 2022 + internship period
- August 2022 session
- March 2022 session: March 28th, 2022 - July 22nd, 2022 + internship period
- August 2022 session: August 31, 2022 - December 22nd, 2022 + internship period
Program available in two campuses : Paris & Dijon
A historical program nestled in the heart of Paris
and delivered by experienced professionals
Two intakes per year in Paris:
16 weeks (560 hours) + 3 month internship
Type of diploma
Our programs in Dijon and Paris have the same basis and level of excellence.
Language of Instruction
All teaching in this program will be in English (guest chefs may speak in French with simultaneous translation). Course materials will be in English.
Although knowledge of the French language is not a requirement to be admitted to the program, it is important for the internship and more generally for daily life in Paris.
The pastry program includes 560 teaching hours, over 70% spent in the kitchen
The internship is a unique experience to observe and to gain a better understanding of the workings of a professional kitchen.
The internship lasts 3 months.
Students who meet the requirements to intern will be placed by their chef-instructor in prestigious restaurants or hotels in France.
Internships in the student’s home country are authorized with permission.
What is specific about the Programs in Dijon ?
Our programs are professional immersions in the culinary world, directly inspired from the unique terroir of one of the most famous wine cradle in the world.
The programs are designed with professionals in French Pastry and Oenologie, and thought through a wine and cuisine creativity project, to understand and acquire the know-how and the knowledge of an art shortly linked to the French terroir.
The programs will feature two special elements :
After the program…
FERRANDI prides itself in the quality of its facilities, instructors and professional network. Our students and graduates are sought after by Michelin-starred restaurants, luxury hotels and renowned chefs for their professionalism and their ability to integrate into a kitchen quickly and efficiently.
Graduates of the FERRANDI 'Intensive Professional Program in French Cuisine' move on to careers in prestigious restaurants in France and abroad or start their own businesses in their home countries.
Admission and timetable
Entry level :
To be considered for admission, you must :
Two intakes per year in Paris:
Two intakes per year in Dijon:
Five years ago, I was a wrestler who didn’t know how to make cookies! And now I’m a pastry chef at Ladurée! “Before coming to Ferrandi, I had never cooked before. I was a professional wrestler for 12 years, so this was very new for me.” Magomet joined the Intensive Professional Program in French Pastry in 2015 at age 21. He had been training in his home country of Russia to become a professional wrestler since the age of 9 and has been a part of the Russian national wrestling team. While visiting family friends in France, they suggested he train at Ferrandi “because I ate a lot of pastries and asked a lot of questions about pastries!” Magomet was looking for changes and the family friends planted a seed in his mind. “When I came back to Russia, I thought about it more and more and decided to apply.”