- aim to get a good understanding of the candidate’s motivations,
- evaluate the candidate’s level of English and French (if the candidate has indicated that he/she speaks some French),
- make sure that the candidate has a realistic vision of the Intensive Professional Program and a solid career plan
- 50% by the first day of class
- 50% 6 weeks into the course
- register for the CAP exams as a “candidat libre” in order to receive the CAP (Certificat d’Aptitude Professionnelle”) diploma if you get passing grades (note : registration for CAP exams takes place each year in October/November (online procedure) and the CAP exams take place in May/June (one session per year)
- apply for admission to the FERRANDI Bachelor (applications are available as of mid-January for the following September) ; graduates of the Intensive Professional Program in French Pastry or French Cuisine can apply for admission to the second year of the 3-year program, however spaces are very limited
- medical expenses
- evacuation and repatriation
- civil liability
I have no previous experience in cooking / pastry / bread baking, can I still apply ?
If I don’t speak French can I still apply ?
I have a diploma in pastry / cooking / bread baking, can I still apply?
I have worked as a cook/chef/ pastry chef/bread baker, can I still apply ?
Do I need to provide the school with an English certificate such as IELTS or other ?
Will there be an interview during the admissions process ?
Does FERRANDI offer scholarships or financial aid ?
There are no scholarships or financial aid possibilities available at FERRANDI.
How much is tuition and what is the payment schedule?
Is it easy to find a job in France after the Intensive Program?
What is the CAP and it is important to have it ?
Can I apply for the FERRANDI Bachelor or the CAP after the Intensive Program ?
If you speak good French (level B2 minimum), you can :
International candidates who speak fluent French can apply directly to the Bachelor program or the CAP pour Adultes (provided they are over 25 years old).
What is the difference between the CAP and the Intensive Professional Program ?
If I am accepted to the program but cannot attend the semester I was accepted to can I defer my admission ?
If I confirmed my enrollment and paid the tuition deposit but later have to withdraw for personal reasons, can I get a refund ?
What kind of insurance will I need?
Students enrolled in the Intensive Professional Programs require insurance to cover the following:
Schedules and course syllabus
Can I work during the training ?