- Classes run from Monday through Friday.
- A general week includes 35 hours.
- Acquire knowledge and skills in traditional bread-baking
- Carry out and manage production of French bread, speciality breads and viennoiseries
- Understanding of the raw materials and professional equipment used in bread-baking
- Introduction to professional techniques, handling and working with bread dough:
- Different types of pointage
- Dividing, rounding and shaping
- Baking (conduction and convection)
- Running a work station following health and safety rules
- Storage and sale of products
- Demonstrations of professional skills
- Hands-on practice: students make all products themselves
- Applied technology training
- A completed application form
- A CV/ resume in English
- A photocopy of your passport
- June 28th to July 9th, 2021
- January 3rd to January 14th, 2022
The techniques behind the French baguette, making the perfect flaky croissant, mastering a braided brioche : if bread intrigues you and you want to get in-depth professional knowledge on the subject, this program is for you.
The “Introduction to the Fundamentals” programs are designed specifically for food enthusiasts, aspiring entrepreneurs or professionals seeking to discover the fundamentals of French Gastronomy. Through these highly immersive and practical programs, participants will acquire the fundamentals of professional techniques, understand the working environment of a professional kitchen and master the most iconic recipes of French Gastronomy.
These programs are taught directly in English with a maximum of 10 participants allowing for one-on-one instruction and support.
2 weeks (70 hours)
Type of diploma
Language of Instruction
All teaching in this program will be in English (guest chefs may speak in French with simultaneous translation). Course materials will be in English.
Although knowledge of the French language is not a requirement to be admitted to the program, it can be helpful for daily life in Paris.
Admission and timetable
To be considered for admission, you must submit :
Two intakes per year: