- Classes run from Monday through Friday.
- A general week includes 35 hours.
- Fundamentals of Breads and ViennoiseriesTraditional breads and production method
- French regional breads
- Grain-based breads (rye, bran …)
- Special breads : Roquefort, chorizo, herbs, Beaujolais …
- International breads : focaccia, cornbread, pretzels, naan, pita …
- Organic breads
- Festive and party breads : pain surprise, sandwich breads, rolls …
- Viennoiseries : croissants, chocolate bread, brioche, Danish …
- Professional Excursions
- Rungis International Wholesale market, walking boulangerie tour, flour mill
- Be at least 18 years old
- Hold a high-school level diploma
- Speak English fluently
- February 2021 session: February 15th - April 23rd, 2021 + internship period
- August 2021 session: August 30th, 2021 – December 17th, 2021 + internship period
The techniques behind the French baguette, making the perfect flaky croissant, mastering a braided brioche :
if bread intrigues you and you want to get in-depth professional knowledge on the subject, this program is for you.
If you are a pastry chef wanting to add a new skill to your repertoire, a chef wanting to prepare in-house breads in your restaurant, a career switcher or future artisanal bread-baking entrepreneur, the Intensive Professional Program in French Bread-Baking will provide you with a good understanding of the workings and the chemistry behind traditional baked goods and the manual techniques to prepare them on your own.
Practical courses will take place in a bread-baking lab equipped with the latest technology. The focus will be on professional artisanal production methods and techniques.
Watch a video presentation of the Intensive Program in French Bread Baking
10 weeks (340 hours) + 2 month internship
Type of diploma
Language of Instruction
All teaching in this program will be in English (guest chefs may speak in French with simultaneous translation). Course materials will be in English.
Although knowledge of the French language is not a requirement to be admitted to the program, it is important for the internship and more generally for daily life in Paris.
The internship is a unique experience to observe and to gain a better understanding of the workings of a professional kitchen.
The internship lasts minimum 3 months.
Students who meet the requirements to intern will be placed by their chef-instructor in prestigious restaurants or hotels in France.
Internships in the student’s home country are authorized with permission.
After the program…
FERRANDI prides itself in the quality of its facilities, instructors and professional network. Our students and graduates are sought after by Michelin-starred restaurants, luxury hotels and renowned chefs for their professionalism and their ability to integrate into a kitchen quickly and efficiently.
Graduates of the FERRANDI 'Intensive Professional Program in French Cuisine' move on to careers in prestigious restaurants in France and abroad or start their own businesses in their home countries.
Admission and timetable
To be considered for admission, you must :
Two intakes per year: