- Applicants must have a minimum of one year of professional experience in the culinary field and/or justify a significant level of training in cooking or pastry to apply. Application requirements include :
- A completed application form
- 2 recommendation letters from referees from the culinary industry
- An essay explaining the candidate’s motivations for applying to the program, his/her career intentions in the culinary field, his/her previous culinary experience, and why he/she has chosen to apply to FERRANDI - in English
- A detailed CV/resumé, in English, detailing culinary experiences (description of the business, level of responsibility, recipes prepared ...)
- A copy of any culinary degrees, diplomas or certificates obtained
- A copy of high school-level diploma or latest diploma obtained
- Photocopy of your passport
- 1 passport photo
- A non-refundable 150 Euro application fee (by credit card, wire transfer or international bank check)
Advanced Professional Programs in French Cuisine, French Pastry
Taught in English - 8 weeks (280 hours)
For over 20 years FERRANDI Paris’ Intensive Professional Programs in English have trained over 1500 international students in the fine art of French Cuisine, Pastry and Bread Baking.
In 2019, FERRANDI Paris is launching two new programs designed especially for culinary professionals. The Advanced Professional Program in French Cuisine or French Pastry will provide a unique learning experience aimed at enhancing technical skills and stimulating creativity. Taught by FERRANDI Paris chef-instructors and prestigious guest chefs, these programs will cover advanced, contemporary techniques and will give participants multi-faceted insights and tips on developing creative skills and identifying one's culinary identity.
Each program will last 8 weeks and will combine lab sessions, expert speakers and visits with professionals, with an emphasis on the hands-on learning approach that characterizes FERRANDI Paris programs. If you are looking for an opportunity to boost your culinary career and live your passion to the fullest, take a look at our new Advanced Professional Programs !
Advanced Professional Program in French Cuisine
Modules include : Plating Technique, Creative Plating, Product Sourcing, Culinary Trends, Reinterpretation of Classics, Cuisine de MOF
The program will end with a Creativity Event during which participants will create a recipe which will be judged by a professional jury.
Session Dates : February 6th - April 2nd, 2019 / May 7th - July 5th, 2019
Advanced Professional Program in French Pastry
Modules include : Plated Desserts, Trendy Chocolate Bonbons, Contemporary Cakes/Entremets, Advanced Tarts, Recipes for Parties and Events (petit-fours, chocolate sculptures, wedding cakes ...), Boutique Products (modern viennoiseries, ice cream desserts, individual cakes ...)
The program will end with a "Creativity Event" during which participants will develop and produce a personal recipe.
Session Dates : April 25th - June 28th, 2019
At key moments during each program, a professional photographer will be on-hand to capture particpants' work in view of producing a souvenir album.
Participants who wish to intern in France will be permitted to do so for a period of two months provided that they indicate their interest during the application / admission process. Placements will be provided by FERRANDI Paris.
Admission and How to apply