- Jacques Dupont, journalist, Le Point
- Olivier Bompas, journalist, Le Point
- Marius Thorel , sommelier and Chef at Griv e- Paris restaurant
- Michel Durrieu, General Manager of Tourism CRT for Nouvelle-Aquitaine
- Aude Legrand, Legrand Filles et fils vineyard
- Frédéric Castéja, Châteaux Batailley et Lynch-Moussas – GCC 1855
- Thibault Danancher, journalist, Le Point
- Alain Pegouret, Cuisine Chef, Le Laurent*
- Bruno de Monte, Director of FERRANDI Paris
- Thierry Daugeron, instructor at Best in Bordeaux
LE POINT magazine and FERRANDI Paris – CONTEST for the BEST Food and Wine pairing – Grand Crus classified 1855
On Friday 25th of February, 2019 took place the fifth edition of the Best Food and Wine Award contest – Grands Crus classified 1855 – 2019 in the school training restaurant “le 28”.
Find the best match between a dish created for the occasion and an exquisite wine was the challenge offered to students of the Bachelor programs at FERRANDI Paris.
One wine was assigned per team from the following list:
Batailley 2010 - Pauillac / Suau 2015 – Sauternes / Cantemerle 2009 – Haut-Médoc / Cos Labory 2012 – St Estèphe / Desmirail 2009 – Margaux / Filhot 2009 – Sauternes / Rauzan Segla 2006 – Margaux / Talbot 2012 – St-Julien / de Malle 2014 – Sauternes
The Jury, presided by Sylvain Boivert, Council Head of the Grands Cru classified 1885, included:
After deliberating, the jury has decided to grant the first prize to the team including: Emma Rajaud, student in Bachelor in Hotel Management and F&B ; Azélice Le Goff and Clarisse Bouyer, both students in Bachelor Culinary Arts and Entrepreneurship option Pastry on Paris site, with the dish « Comme un Carrot Cake » paired with a Château Suau 2015 – Sauternes wine.
Congratulations to all our students who provided a high-quality of culinary work and for their detailed and professional presentations.