- Paul CABAYE, chef de partie at the Hôtel de ville de Crissier, in Switzerland
- Clara COPIN, cooking teacher at the LEP François Camel de Saint-Girons dans l’Ariège
- Julien GUÉNÉE, adjoint chef exécutif at the Automobile Club de Paris
- Maxime KUHLMANN, chef de partie at the restaurant Lalique du Château Lafaurie Peyraguey, in Bommes (33)
- Julien LARGERON, sous-chef des cuisines and « kitchen instructor » at the GIHE sommet éducation, en Suisse
- Damien MERLE, chef de partie at Ministère des affaires étrangères, in Paris
- One original and creative recipe for 8 persons around free-range poultry (execution libre with a potato soufflé)
- 2 garnsihings, a chanterelle and onion base with the other up to the choice of the participant. In addition, contests had to serve a dessert around the theme of ‘merveilleux au chocolat’.
THE 5TH PRESIDENT OF THE FRENCH REPUBLIC CHALLENGE AT FERRANDI PARIS
On the 24th June, the 5th President of the French Republic Challenge took place in our kitchens and training restaurant Le Premier. The presentation of prizes took place that same evening at the Palais de l’Elysée.
The jury, chaired by tripled Michelin-starred chef Christoph Bacquié, was made up of 24 MOF Chefs (Meilleur Ouvrier de France). Guillaume Gomez, Meilleur Ouvrier de France and chef at the Palais de l’Elysée was at the helm of this prestigious event.
6 contestants and 2 subsitutes had been selected last May to participate in the grand finale:
Contestants had to produce :
Paul CABAYE, chef de partie at the Hôtel de ville de Crissier in Switzerland who won this year’s President of the French Republic Challenge. The President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron, awarded a vase de Sevres and the competition’s sponsor, the supplier METRO, awarded a check for 10,000 euros to the winner.